AAA and Budweiser will team up once again to provide ‘Tow to Go’ this weekend for St. Patrick’s Day. The service aims to prevent Floridians from driving while impaired, by providing a complimentary ride for the driver and their vehicle. You do not have to be a AAA member to use this service.
Visit AAA.com/TowToGo to learn more.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the deadliest holidays on U.S. roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- From 2013-2017, a total of 234 lives were lost due to drunk-driving crashes during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday periods.
- In 2017, 59 people (37% of all crash fatalities) were killed in drunk-driving crashes during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday period.
- View additional stats here.
Since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest.
“Tow to Go saves lives, it’s that simple,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Despite the availability of ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft, people still make the critical mistake of driving while impaired. In some cases, that’s because people don’t want to leave their personal vehicle at a bar. This St. Patrick’s Day, Floridians have no excuse for driving impaired. If you call Tow to Go, we’ll make sure you and your vehicle are taken care of, for free.”
The Tow to Go program is available from Friday, March 15 through Monday, March 18 at 6 a.m.
The following guidelines apply to the Tow to Go program:
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members
- Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
- If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out the Great Pretenders Party Guide from the Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation to learn more.
- Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2019
Floridians can call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO for a confidential safe ride home