Released By Osceola County Community Outreach/Public Information Office
In an effort to reduce the amount of illegally dumped waste tires and to provide a clean and safer environment to live in, Osceola County is providing a limited free disposal day on December 7, from 7:00am until noon.
For your convenience, this free disposal day will be provided at the Bass Road Disposal Site to make proper tire disposal as convenient as possible.
Citizens may also bring in household chemicals on these dates for proper disposal.
· Tires: 4 passenger car tires per household with proof of residency (photo ID required) at no charge. Limit 8 tires per household per year. Absolutely no vendors or commercial tires are accepted.
· Automotive: Antifreeze, solvents, batteries, oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid.
· Paint: Spray paint, paint cans, paint thinners, wood preservatives.
· Gardening: Pesticides, insect sprays or dust, weed killer, poison or insecticides.
· Cleaning: Drain cleaner, degreasers, oven cleaners, moth balls, spot removers, polishes/wax, and pool chemicals.
· Electronics: Old computers, monitors, televisions with tubes/flat-screens, cell phones, VCRs, detectors (i.e. Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, Radon).
If possible, bring hazardous materials in its original containers. Please mark materials or label “unknown”. Absolutely no 55 gallon drums. Do not mix materials together. Absolutely no vendors or commercial business waste accepted.