Released By Osceola School District
High schools in Osceola County will hold Athletic Physical and ECG Nights for students interested in participating in any sport for the 2019-2020 school year:
· April 17 at Tohopekaliga High from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· April 22 at Gateway High from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· April 24 at Poinciana High from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· April 25 at Liberty High from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· May 18 at Osceola High from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
· May 21 at Celebration High from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For the 2019-2020 school year, the Osceola School District is requiring all high school student athletes to have an electrocardiogram test (ECG) prior to any participation in athletics. This requirement is in addition to the standard athletic physical. The ECG will help identify athletes who are at risk for sudden cardiac death, a condition where death results from an abrupt loss of heart function. An ECG screening may assist in diagnosing several different heart conditions that may contribute to sudden cardiac death. Once a student has the ECG, it will be good for four years of high school athletic participation. Students will be able to have the ECG done at the above events for $20.
A clearance form is required for any student having the screening completed outside the above events with an Approved Health Care Professional. That form can be found on the district’s athletic website under “Athletic paperwork.”