Released By City of Kissimmee
The City of Kissimmee Fire Department has officially kicked off its annual Keep the Wreath Green campaign to educate residents about best practices during the holiday season.
Each year the City of Kissimmee Fire Department hangs a wreath filled with green light bulbs at each fire station. For every structure fire that units respond to a green bulb on the wreath is exchanged for a red bulb, and for every fallen firefighter another green bulb will be replaced with a white bulb.
To help keep each holiday wreath green at all the City’s fire stations, the City of Kissimmee Fire Department is encouraging all residents to follow these safety tips for a safe and fire free holiday season:
1) Purchase a holiday tree that is fresh and clean (if natural).
2) Make sure the tree lights are off when a home is vacant/unattended.
3) Use authorized/approved lights for the holiday tree.
4) Keep candles away from holiday trees or any flammable items.
5) Make sure to blow out candles before leaving the house..
For more information about the City of Kissimmee Fire Department visit, www.kissimmee.org.