The City of Kissimmee announces temporary road closures in downtown Kissimmee on Saturday, January 19 to accommodate the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Celebration parade.
Roads to close at 8:00 a.m. are:
- Bryan Street between Rose Avenue and Ruby Avenue
- Patrick Street between Beaumont Avenue and Ruby Avenue
- Rose Avenue from Bryan to Emmett Street
- Emmett Street from Rose Avenue to Ruby Avenue
- Broadway from Ruby Avenue to Neptune Road
- Dakin Avenue from Broadway to Monument Avenue
- Ruby Avenue from Broadway to the train tracks
The Parade will start at 10:00 a.m. and roads are expected to reopen by 11:00 p.m. Motorists will be able to utilize Church Street and Mabbette Street as alternate routes for east and westbound traffic in downtown Kissimmee.
For those who want to go to the Marina, uninterrupted access will be available from John Young Parkway to Patrick Street, to Beaumont Avenue to Lakeview Drive.
Free parking will be available at the Toho Square Garage located at 92 Pleasant St., and the Kissimmee Intermodal Parking Garage located at 205 E Dakin Ave. Downtown patrons and business owners should avoid parking on Broadway after 6:00 a.m. as vehicles will not be permitted to leave after 10:00 a.m. due to spectator arrival.
In anticipation of the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Parade, pre-designated parking spaces and/or zones have been identified and will be marked with signage to warn vehicle owners about parking restrictions. If the vehicle is inside the event area, it will be towed.
For more information about the City of Kissimmee visit, www.kissimmee.org.