St. Cloud Preparatory Academy (SCPA) has had a very rewarding year in regard to Agriculture, through their Future Farmers of America (FFA) program.
The SCPA FFA chapter was chartered in 2015 and since its inception students have competed locally at the annual Kissimmee Valley Livestock Show and Osceola County Fair, held each February. Students have shown rabbits, chickens, lambs and hogs, while also entering quilts, baked goods, photography and a variety of projects to compete for prizes. Members and students have also participated in Livestock judging, Meats judging, the Creed Contest, Extemporaneous public speaking and the Parliamentary Procedure Contest. SCPA stated their chapter has been very successful with open class lambs and hogs.
This academic year SCPA FFA students have been awarded the following:
· Market Lamb Intermediate Record Book 3rd place, Market Lamb Intermediate Skill-a-Thon 1st place, Market Lamb Intermediate Showmanship 3rd Place, Market Lamb Intermediate Fitting and Grooming 3rd Place – Shown by Marrianna Palant
· Youth Poultry Intermediate Showmanship Champion, Youth Poultry Best Groomed Rooster – Shown by Aida Oquendo
· Youth Rabbit Costume Contest Winner, Youth Rabbit Show Best Groomed Buck – Shown by Wyatt Frey
· Blue Ribbon – Breeding Ewe – Amberley Ferguson
· Blue Ribbon – Best Groomed Buck – Wyatt Frey
· Blue Ribbon – Best Groomed Doe – Corissa Decrescenzo
· Blue Ribbon – Best Groomed Doe – Aida Oquendo
· Red Ribbon – Rabbit Informational Poster – Wyatt Frey
· Blue Ribbon – Poultry Show – Aida Oquendo
· Blue Ribbon – Poultry Show – Corissa Decrescenzo
· Red Ribbon – Rabbit Show – Marrianna Palant
· Blue Ribbon – Rabbit Show – Abby Justice
· Blue Ribbon – Rabbit Show – Jordan Watko
· Blue Ribbon – Rabbit Show – Amberley Ferguson
· Blue Ribbon – Youth Quilt – Corissa Decrescenzo
· Blue Ribbon – Youth Pillow – Corissa Decrescenzo
SCPA offers a variety of Agri-Science courses to allow their students the opportunities to learn about the vast industry of Agriculture. Middle School Students can take courses like Introduction to Agri-Science, Exploration in Agri-Science, Introduction to Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources or Agri-Science Foundations, while High School Students can take Agri-Science Technology 1 and 2.
SCPA is located at 3101 Progress Lane in St. Cloud and will not be changing their hours for the upcoming academic school year. Middle and High School Students will continue to be scheduled from 7:45am to 2:45pm.
The National FFA Organization is a vital youth academic program that changes lives and prepares members for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. FFA develops members’ potential and helps them discover their talent through hands-on experiences, which give members the tools to achieve real-world success. Members are future chemists, veterinarians, government officials, entrepreneurs, bankers, international business leaders, teachers and premier professionals in many career fields.